Now Hiring: Staff Accountant
Compensation: Base salary range is $70,000 – $90,000 plus discretionary annual bonus.
Renewa is a renewables company focused on acquisitions and investments within the solar, wind and renewable energy industries. We are seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to join our growing team.
As a Staff Accountant at Renewa, you will be responsible for maintaining the financial records of a company by accurately recording the day-to-day financial transactions of the company. If you enjoy learning, helping create processes, and are a bit of an entrepreneur at heart, this role might be for you. You enjoy working in a small and dynamic team environment. This position reports to the Controller.
- Conduct the month-end close process, including journal entry and financial statement preparation for specific entities in the corporate structure.
- Revenue receivable and fixed asset tracking.
- Record revenue receipts and make bank deposits.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations of all accounts.
- Assist in the creation of accounting processes and policies.
- Assist in assembling information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Management reporting and financial analysis as required.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- At least 5 years’ experience, with at least 2 years in an operational accounting role.
- Public accounting experience. Experience at Big 4 accounting firms considered a plus.
- Working understanding of Texas and/or US sales tax and regulatory requirements.
- Microsoft 365 including Excel and Word.
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience considered an asset.
- Experience in renewable energy or oil and gas industries considered an asset.
Key Skills and Competencies
Our ideal candidate is an initiative-taker, comfortable working independently but not afraid to reach out and ask questions. This person is well organized and likes improving processes that make things work more efficiently, especially when working towards deadlines. You have a natural curiosity and enjoy problem-solving and utilizing your analytical skills.
This is an in-person role based in Houston, Texas.
USA applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work if they are not a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
We value diversity in our business and encourage responses from all qualified applicants. While we are appreciative of all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.