Now Hiring: VP Development
Renewa LLC is looking for a Houston-based VP Development to join a growing team. Renewa provides capital solutions to landowners and project developers, investing in renewable energy land, leases, and royalty income. This vital role helps accelerate the development of renewable energy assets while ensuring our counterparties reap the greatest value from their land.
Renewa is funded by US pension capital and managed by one of the most experienced infrastructure teams in the world, with $20 billion of infrastructure investments globally. Our experience, financial strength and innovative approach to capital solutions means we can make bold commitments and consistently deliver on our promises to landowners and project developers.
This role will lead the corporate development team to establish and enhance relationships with large, utility-scale developers in the renewable energy market. The VP Development will collaborate extensively with the Co-CEO’s, Finance and Legal teams to source, negotiate and close multi-million-dollar investments in operating or in-development renewable energy facilities across the U.S. and Canada.
- Establish and drive corporate relationships with key renewable energy developers to source and negotiate bespoke acquisition opportunities.
- Identify risks and mitigation strategies across the acquisition pipeline.
- Assist in building financial models to support and evaluate investment decisions.
- Assist in due diligence and project management of portfolio acquisitions.
- Assist in developing corporate models, investment memos, and reports for management.
- Research industry trends and present information to inform investment decisions.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry and related markets being researched.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field. Master’s degree considered an asset.
- 10+ year(s) of experience leading investment or bulge bracket bank with energy or renewables sector experience; or
- 10+ year(s) of experience in finance or development roles as major renewable energy developer.
- Experience in financing, tax equity and project management in N.A. power markets.
- Experience with project real estate rights, land contracting, title and surveys is preferred.
- Familiar with project grid interconnection elements including interconnection studies, agreements, and process.
- Familiar with project agreements such as PPA’s, MSA’s, EPC contracts, O&M agreements.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to simplify complex problems and build unique solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Key Skills and Competencies
Our ideal candidate takes initiative and is comfortable working independently but not afraid to reach out and ask questions. This person is well organized and likes improving processes that make things work more efficiently, especially when working toward deadlines. You have a natural curiosity and enjoy problem-solving and utilizing your analytical skills.
This is an in-person role based in Houston, Texas. USA. This position requires up to 50% domestic and international travel. Applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work if they are not a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
We value diversity in our business and encourage responses from all qualified applicants. While we are appreciative of all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.